4th of July Parade 2023
4th of July Parade 2022
The 2023 4th of July Parade theme will be announced soon.
Registration is required for your float or group to participate in the parade. Click "register now" to register online or contact the Sitka Chamber at (907) 747-8604 or email@example.com.
Safety Rules & Guidelines
1. Parade officials will inspect all entries and reserve the right to eliminate any entry that is in violation of these rules.
2. All entries must adhere to declared length of entry, and musical content submitted on application form.
3. The parade will start at the round-about and proceed to the stop light, turning right onto Lincoln Street, and then progressing down towards City Hall and ending on Harbor Drive.
4. Line-up will take place on Lake Street in front of State Farm and KIFW at 12:00 noon. Entrants must be in the lineup no later than 12:15 pm. The parade will begin promptly at 1:00 pm.
5. Once your entry has started along the parade route, no one may board your float.
6. Cover all open wheels for safety (so marchers cannot snag clothing or be pulled under wheels) unless special permission has been granted.
7. Your entry may not exit the parade route before the end of the parade.
8. No alcohol is allowed. Sitka’s Open Container law will be strictly enforced.
9. Entries with children under the age of 18 must be accompanied.
10. All entries must have clear identification signage.
11. Changes in the parade line-up the day of the parade will be at the sole discretion of the parade officials.
12. There will not be a pre-parade meeting this year. For lineup input, please email the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By registering a float for this event, you and your float agree to adhere to all parade rules and regulations.