Southeast Alaska Independent Living - Rick Peterson - To Speak At Chamber Luncheon
Weekly luncheons are held every Wednesday at noon. Enjoy great food, dynamic speakers, and exciting networking opportunities. Chamber luncheons are open to the public. Chamber members receive special member-only pricing.
Upgrade to the Executive Lunch and receive VIP treatment including cookies and special prize drawings.
Executive Lunch Sponsor
Spenard Builders Supply - $50.00 Gift Card
TBD & Salad Bar
Rick Petersen - Sitka Program Director - SAIL
Rick will be presenting about the services provided by SAIL, including...
· Free loans of durable medical equipment (wheelchairs, walkers, bed rails, shower stools, toilet risers, visual aids, etc.)
· Recreation programs for seniors and people living with disabilities (ORCA, SOAR, SHC, SWH). Hiking, arts, cooking, movies, adaptive skiing, trips to Hawaii, and much more.
· Employment assistance for people with disabilities
· Veteran’s VOICE program offers in-home care for eligible veterans with significant health needs.
· HomeMAP – Home Modifications for Aging in Place
· Information and referral to other nonprofits and service agencies
· Advocacy. Legislative level. Personal level: at times when it’s difficult to speak on your own behalf, we are here for you.
· Funding: Last Resort Fund, Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority mini-grants
· Assistance with Developmental Disability Determinations as related to Medicaid waivers
· Services of ADRC and DDRC (Aging and Disability Resource Center and Developmental Disability Resource Connections)
Rick Petersen is the Sitka Program Director for Southeast Alaska Independent Living. At SAIL he has the privilege of helping local seniors and our neighbors living with disabilities. In the past, Rick was a survival instructor and training coordinator with AMSEA, and adjunct professor at Sheldon Jackson College, a grant coordinator for Sitka School District, a restaurant manager, and a board officer for Greater Sitka Arts Council.
He moved to Sitka in 1990 from New England to attend college at SJC. He is married to Darcie Ziel and has four children: Jack, Beatrice, Ellis, and Lucy.